When planning a trip to Morocco, there are a few things to keep in mind in order to have a safe and enjoyable experience. Here are some travel guidelines to follow when visiting this North African country.
- Be aware of your surroundings. Morocco is generally a safe country, but it’s always important to be aware of your surroundings and take precautions when traveling in any foreign country.
- Dress modestly. When in doubt, err on the side of caution when it comes to what to wear. Morocco is a conservative country and it’s important to dress respectfully, especially when visiting religious sites.
- Learn some basic phrases in Arabic or French. While many Moroccans do speak English, knowing a few phrases in the local language will go a long way in terms of getting around and interacting with locals.
- Be prepared for haggling. Haggling is a way of life in Morocco, so be prepared to bargain when shopping for souvenirs or anything else.
- Don’t take photos of people without permission. In Morocco, it’s considered rude to take photos of people without their permission. If you want to take a photo of someone, simply ask first.
By following these simple travel guidelines, you’ll be sure to have a safe and enjoyable trip to Morocco.